IFRS Senior Consultant
Upload your CV
Our client, one of the world’s major consulting companies is seeking a Senior Consultant (IFRS)
to join the Business Process Solutions group
at the Moscow office.
If a path doesn’t exist, create your own
Our client is one of the leading international professional services firms that offers audit, consulting, corporate finance, enterprise risk, and tax and legal services. It is represented in six of Russia’s largest cities, including Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Ufa, Ekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, where over 2100 of specialists are employed.
Our client’s vision and strategy, developed in collaboration with leadership and member firm partners from around the world, focuses on working together As One across geographic, functional, and business borders to deliver excellence in all of the services provided by the member firms.
The Business Process Solutions group
works specifically with the projects involving maintenance of accounting and tax books of clients both RAAS and IFRS in different ERP systems, preparation of accounting, tax and other statutory reporting, payroll processing, HR administration for companies operating in various industries. Their clients are foreign owned companies represented in Russia, as well as Russian Legal Entities. Our client’s practice is expanding rapidly, and they are committed to attracting and retaining highly skilled talent to join their team.
The role will involve:
- Participation in Deoffshorization engagements (CFC);
- Completion and review of IFRS tax packages, IFRS deferred tax calculation;
- Participation in automatization of IFRS reporting, including IFRS deferred taxes, in ERP;
- Transformation of financial statements from RSA to IFRS and vice versa and parallel accounting for RSA and IFRS;
- Preparation of IFRS consolidated and stand-alone financial statements and disclosures;
- Development of accounting policy and templates in line with IFRS;
- Ad-hoc advising and methodology support on IFRS related questions;
- Maintaining a strong focus on high-quality client service: working closely with your existing clients, developing relationships with them and generating new opportunities for the Firm;
- Researching and analyzing various client data sources, compiling clear and concise summaries and presenting the findings to your relevant peers and managers;
- Constantly developing your IFRS knowledge as a result of being involved in challenging projects;
- Communicating regularly with your current clients while maintaining an exceptional level of professional knowledge and coming across as a credible expert in your field;
- Developing and supervising subordinates;
- Managing several assignments/projects at any given time.
- University degree in accounting, audit, finance or economics
- Solid IFRS and Russian accounting knowledge, understanding of taxation applicable for Russian and foreign companies
- Experience in preparation of IFRS financial statements and reports
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and effectively and mentor subordinates
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as manage multiple engagements
- Result-orientated approach to work and ability to meet stringent deadlines
- High degree of self-motivation, drive and ambition
- Strong commitment to providing an excellent client service at all times
- Fluency in Russian and English (i.e., ability to formulate, present and write clear and concise summaries on tax and accounting matters)
- All candidates must have full travel mobility and the right to live and work in Russian Federation
Our client knows that great people make a great organization. They value people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our client believes in the importance of leadership at all levels. In addition, they expect people to embrace and live by their company’s purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for clients, people and for society and make an impact that matters.
Our client’s purpose is to make an impact that matters. Every day, people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. The company is proud of doing not only what is good for their clients, but also what is good for their people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model in terms of quality, integrity, and positive change.